turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey blind

Started by boboone, March 01, 2011, 02:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boboone

Im looking to buy a turkey blind, I was wondering what blind yall think is the best to turkey hunt out of. Thanks Dave
Dave

Crappiepro

I bought a KillZone 360 from a buddy of mine for $75, He used it twice this last deer season. I really like it and will be using it this spring for turkey and deer in the fall. They seem to be really made well and have a shoot thur mesh that you can see alittle thur and adjustable windows. I went to the KillZone web-site and they have them marked down to $99 right now so this could be away to save a couple hundred on a decent blind. Good Luck Brad

Timmer

A few years back Fleet Farm here in MN had an Ameristep Tomtaker on sale for $99 after the turkey season.  It was too cheap to pass up.  Although I mostly sneak hunt, I do use it a couple of mornings every year.  It works very well, and kept me dry in heavy rains.  From the quick looks I've taken at the stores, I don't see anything it's lacking compared to the $250-$300 brands.  I see they have a new Tomtaker 2 that has windows that go all the way to the ground. 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Basser69

I have seen the Ameristep blinds at cheaper than dirt for $69.00 I am not sure if they are the turkey hunting ones or the deer hunting ones.

redleg06

Ameristep I believe "dog house blind" is what its called.  I bought one from wingsupply.com for about 65$ if I remember right.

Its easy to tote, fold and set up and big enough to hunt two adults out of.

I'd been using it for deer for years and last year, decided to add it to my bag of tricks in the turkey woods and loved it.

hookedspur

Quote from: redleg06 on March 03, 2011, 06:44:27 AM
Ameristep I believe "dog house blind" is what its called.  I bought one from wingsupply.com for about 65$ if I remember right.

Its easy to tote, fold and set up and big enough to hunt two adults out of.

I'd been using it for deer for years and last year, decided to add it to my bag of tricks in the turkey woods and loved it.
This is a very good one for the money
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Timmer

I've been curious how heavy the various blindes are.  I was at Cabelas yesterday and I lifted every blind they had set up, which was maybe 7 or 8.  The Ameristep were the lightest.  I don't know if that suggests anything about the quality of material, but I know I wish mine was even lighter. 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

shad309

I picked up an Ameristep pop-up blind from WingSupply for under $50. It's great and only takes a couple seconds to set it up. You just have to carry a chair with you or sit on your knees.

Putting it back in the bag is what takes practice & a little time...

It weighs around 7lbs.

gunnerj

If you are going to buy one, make it a cheap one and make sure you like hunting out of a blind. I have a couple, and I prefer to sit in the gob lounger under a tree myself. Kids and weather are the other factors to take into consideration.