turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sighted in the Beretta 391 Urika today

Started by WyoHunter, June 18, 2012, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

I had my Beretta 391 Urika 20 ga. drilled and tapped ( 8x40) and a rail mounted on it and also put a Limbsaver pad on it. I used Estates 1 oz. field loads of #6's and after 3 shots was right on the money. I only had one Federal HWT 1 1/2 oz. load of #7's with me and I shot it at 30 yards. POA and POI were right on and I counted 225 7's in a 10" circle. I was very pleased especially since it was from a dirty barrel. The choke was a Carlson's .575 non-ported. I'll probably switch from Hevi-13's next spring primarliy because these HWT's really smack the target hard. Very impressed with them.    
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

savduck

Man, thats fabulous. I love a beretta. Congrats. I was impressed with the Federal 7s i shot this season. That smacked em good.
Georgia Boy

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Longshanks

I killed a couple of turkeys with the Beretta 20g/ fed HW 7's last spring.  Amazing results. Put the turkeys down for the count at 35-38 yds. 170's in a 10 @ 40. Enjoyed carrying the light gun around as well.

CrustyRusty

WyoHunter

I bought it off of ebay. It was $12 I believe. It's not steel but I had the gunsmith use 8x40 screws with it so I feel it will be fine. So far it's been solid.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!