OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super X3 INV+ 20 ga.....??

Started by DUCKDIGGLER, June 10, 2012, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUCKDIGGLER

All right guys....I have a SX3 20ga 26" Universal Hunter on the way.  I want to run Fed Heavy-Weight #7s out of it.....What chokes do you all recommend for me to start with? If you could buy 2 what would they be?

Thank you in advance!

Diggy

redarrow

R AJ

Sumtoy 562 5 ring (wad catcher)

TGSSX

This SX3 inv+ is a larger bore than Benelli, Rem, Win invector, etc.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: RAJ on June 10, 2012, 07:20:02 PM
Sumtoy 562 5 ring (wad catcher)

TGSSX

This SX3 inv+ is a larger bore than Benelli, Rem, Win invector, etc.

X2

This is spot on.

DUCKDIGGLER

Question Gents.....isn't that Fed load a flight control wad? I thought no wad strippers with the flight control wad? Or am I mistaken? No disrespect meant, just wondering.

Thanks for your input!

Diggy

R AJ

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on June 11, 2012, 09:33:01 PM
Question Gents.....isn't that Fed load a flight control wad? I thought no wad strippers with the flight control wad? Or am I mistaken? No disrespect meant, just wondering.

Thanks for your input!

Diggy

You are absolutely correct and dead wrong as well! The Sumtoy 5 ring is designed around the Federal shell to optimize performance. It is not ported.
There have been problems with FC wad and ported chokes, ie. IC disclaimer,
however it seems that the 20 gauge wad is much more flexible than the 12 gauge shell and that helps greatly. You really never know what is going to work best until you try. The tighter the choke the greater the chance for some hot centers but also blown holes in a pattern, not necessarily the best option for hunting purposes. Targets tend to hold still longer and do not flop over as much when the leading string of shot hits them.

DUCKDIGGLER

RAJ....thank you for the detailed response!! Makes sense to me...I just wanted to be sure before I go ahead and order a couple of things to try.

I want a good "hunting" pattern.....not necessarily a great 10" number. :OGturkeyhead:

I appreciate the input fellas!

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA