OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Building my 870

Started by BrowningGuy88, June 02, 2012, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Well I ordered my choke from William yesterday. This morning I went to the hardware and bought a couple boxes of Federal HWT 6's and 7's. William is sending me the 562-5 for the Fed's and I can't wait to try it out in my 870.

I got the Fed 6's for an apples to apples comparison with Hevi 13 6's since I have a case of those.

After I get through patterning, I am going mount up either a Burris FF3 or Leupold VX-1 1-4X20. Probably go with the FF3 since I am enjoying the one on the Vinci so much.

Gun will also be going out for a dip job. Either going Bottomland, Spring Mimicry, or ATACS.

I hope its gonna be a killer! With the GSX and Hevi 6's I am turning 110 or so now at max. Looking for 140+ out of the SumToy and HWT 7's.

mossyoakpro

I will be waiting on those results!!  I have been wanting to try one of Williams chokes, I just have not done it yet....this may change my mind!!

Need to support a fellow Georgia boy when I can!!
Phillippians 4:13

R AJ

You should also try the H-13 #7s in that choke. They both did fine in my rem 870 26" bbl.

I haven't tried the GSX using the fed #7s or H-13 #7s . Your numbers for #6 shot using that choke are very adequate for my type of woods hunting.

I hope you report back soon. William is great to work with.

nyhunter

Keep us posted I'm just starting to put together a 870,20ga with a 26" barrel. What is the GSX choke your talking about?

BrowningGuy88

The GSX is a Truglo .565. RAJ the 6's are a nice pine plantation load and throw a nice even pattern. I just want some misjudged yardage room with the federals and the sumtoy.