Main Menu

old question again,thanks

Started by rock54, May 21, 2012, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

what is the best choke set up and factory loads, you guys are gettn out of
the  21 inch remington 870 youth.....

the wife likes this model over the benelli nova 20 gauge
i have been askn all you about lately...

thanks for all your help....russ

dirt road ninja

I'm getting 115-137 with a jellyhead .570 using Hevi 7's. Going to try something tighter this summer. I don't think you'll go wrong with a Sumtoy.

chipper

My son is shooting the Fed. HW# 7's with the SSX and averageing 160's with a few patterns in the mid 180's at a taped 40 in the 10 ".

savduck

What kind of pattern are you wanting. I get a slightly different performance than some others, but I don't think I'm far off either because I got probably 7 or 8 private PMs from others saying they were matching my numbers. I just got a Remington Hevi super full I haven't shot yet. Just remember all guns shoot different so you may get more or less than what we are posting

Averages With fed 7 s at 40
Sumtoy 562-5....120s
Truglo.......SSX 140s
Indian creek .......150s ( which is not recommended for the Feds)

Averages With Hevi 13
Tru glo SSX.......155

I love the federals, but they can sometimes be all over the board. You could shoot a 13O2, clean it and shoot again and it will be an 89, then repeat again and it will be 112. The hevis seem to be more consistent....at least in my gun. Yours may be differetnt
Truglo SSX.....155
Georgia Boy

remmy1187

My 21" barrel seems to really like my I.C. 555, I am using a handloaded 7.5 hevi shot and average around 215 in a 10" at 40 yards.

surehuntsalot

my 21" barrel love a Tightwad.570 and a Carlson .575
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Waddle Whacker

I averaged low-mid 140's with the Feds and a Primos Tightwad. Highest I got was around 150-155, if I remember correctly, with the lowest being somewhere around 125-130. I did not have the same good results with the SSX that others have posted, mine went from a low of about 85 or 90 to a high of about 110-115. 

goblr77

130-140ish with Fed 7s through a Sumtoy .562 and Truglo SSX. Both chokes shoot about the same in my gun. Hevi 7s were giving me 150s but I chose to sacrifice 10-15 hits in a 10" circle for the extra knockdown the Feds have. :OGturkeyhead: