turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby SA08 20 gauge. 28 inch barrel

Started by savduck, March 09, 2013, 06:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Did a little shooting today with my weatherby. I havent shot it since adding the pistol grip, or with a truglo SSX or with federal 6s. All my yardages are steel taped.

With Truglo SSX

With Sumtoy 562-5( hunted this last year. 10 round pattern in high 140s)

With pure gold

Georgia Boy

mossyoakpro

Looking good!!  This will be my first year with a 20 and I am really enjoying this patterning stuff.....I have never gotten this serious about patterns until now.  I used to just shoot the 12 and if I had a dozen or so pellets in the head and neck I went hunting.....that has changed now!!  I am loving the 20!!

Best of luck this season!!!
Phillippians 4:13

BandedSpur

You've got some great patterns with the HW 7s. That's a real nice gun too. I would ditch the HW 6s and H13 7s in favor of the HW 7s. Unless not legal where you hunt, they are by far the superior load. They hit like a freight train and have tons of excess energy. All the 6s do is decrease your pattern numbers (even though they are quite good as well).

savduck

I hunt with fed 7 s. I just shot the 6s to see what they would do, and I shot the Hevi 13 to also see what it would do out of the SSX. I bought the SSX during the season last year and didn't pattern it.

I have federal 7 patterns that are lower then that pure gold fed 6 pattern. That may be the load for that choke.
Georgia Boy