turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy 500 or Remmy 870

Started by chipper, May 13, 2012, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

I've got a buddy who is wanting to sell one of his 20's and has offered me a choose of these two guns, both guns have 26 inch tubes, the mossy I synthetic and camo'ed looks like a brand new gun, the 870 is older with some wear and tear on it, if you were gonna buy one of these which would you buy and why?

killdee

I prefer Remington over Mossburg myself, but it would be according to the shape of the 870 whether I would chose it and the price. I like to tinker over buying a off the shelf turkey gun, if you dont the Mossburg would likely be the better pick over the two, again according to price. I picked up an OD duracoated 870 20 with synthetic black stock and claw sling a few weeks ago for $200 bucks its fine as is but I do like to tinker.......

surehuntsalot

I would have to go with the Mossberg
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Eric Gregg

I own a Remington 870 and love it, but I wouldn't mind having the Mossy for fun just to see what it feels like.
I don't think you could go wrong with either one according to all the great results you see from owners of both.
Whatever shoulder up and feels the best is what you will need.

Have fun picking

Deputy 14

I've got both and either would be a good choice. But there is something about the mossy that I like more. Just not sure why.

remmy1187

For me its definately the 870, not saying anything negative about Mossy's, just been a remmy guy all my life.