OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Skull & Cross-Bones Turkey Mount (Mother's Day present)

Started by VGJ5, May 13, 2012, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VGJ5

Hey, I'm new here, but I want to share the turkey mount that I made for my mom, for Mother's Day.  I had the idea in my mind for quite a while, so I finally brought it to life.  I used the tail/skull from a turkey that she killed this year and the feet/beard from a nice one she killed in 2005 that she wanted me to do something with before they fell apart.  I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for looking!
Gaines

"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

savduck

Georgia Boy

Flydown

ceejay

redarrow

Deputy 14

gobbler336

your tail fan is one of the better ones i have seen, fine detailed job, those are some nice spurs too

RutnNStrutn

Definitely unique and original. I like it!! :icon_thumright:
That bird had a set of hooks!! :o
Nice mount!! And welcome to OG!! :welcomeOG:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: gobbler336 on May 13, 2012, 02:29:09 PM
your tail fan is one of the better ones i have seen, fine detailed job, those are some nice spurs too
Didn't notice that until he pointed that out. How did you do that? Cut off other feathers and hot glue them onto the tail? You don't see those rings descending towards the base of the tail naturally. That's pretty cool how you did that. :icon_thumright:

barry

captin_hook

Very nice. First time I've seen a fan mount like that.

JELLYHEAD

tomstopper

joshua

Quite unique way to display your moms trophy. Great job!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

surehuntsalot

very different and awesome bird mount

your mother should love that
it's not the harvest,it's the chase