turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

setup you most want in a 20

Started by sippy cup, May 12, 2012, 10:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippy cup

If money wasn't a issue and you could  setup a 20 anyway you wanted how would you do so brand of gun and so on  :funnyturkey:
beware of longdale legend

mightyjoeyoung

A Benelli Ultra light with a FF III and guard, some sort of pistol grip stock and either a Carlsons or Trulock choke for HW 7s.  All in Realtree HD Green.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Next season i will be running a Benelli m2 with Williams firesights, and a sumtoy .562 with federal heavyweight 7s or an Indian Creek .555 and nitro megaweight 7s.

I set one up this year for a buddy and fell in love with it.

savduck

A nice 5.5 lb to 6 lb auto, topped with fast fire, claw sling, a nice pattern chunking choke for federal 7 s.

I prefer the auto over a pump, because of he forearm. I feel it's more comfortable in a sitting position.
Georgia Boy

hookedspur

M2 Benelli with a IC 555 and Nitro 7S
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BrowningGuy88

Benelli would make me a Vinci with a 24" barrel dipped in Lost Camo rocking a SumToy Choke slinging Winchester Extended Range 7's. Top it all off with an Eotech XPS 2-0 and a comb riser to adjust for line of sight and cheek weld. Oh and it would weight out with 4 in the tube at 6 pounds even!!!

Hey you said want most - not out of what's available!

sippy cup

well i've narrowed it down 2 either benilli m2 or winchester sx3 20 guage wich ever one i chose you can bet i will use tss loads :OGturkeyhead:
beware of longdale legend

drenalinld

M2 with beads that shoot dead on spitting HW 7's through a Sumtoy all dipped in bottomland.

n2deer

Any of the nicer 20g autos with about 50 lbs of tss number 9s. Should be good to go for a very long time.

Eric Gregg

I basically have the set up I have always wanted.
20ga Remington 870, 22" barrell, Rem SF Choke with Fed HEAVY 7's, Shur Shot Stock.
Bad little gun that is compact and packs some punch :z-guntootsmiley:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: el diablo on May 15, 2012, 05:04:06 PM
Quote from: sippy cup on May 15, 2012, 01:32:42 PM
well i've narrowed it down 2 either benilli m2 or winchester sx3 20 guage wich ever one i chose you can bet i will use tss loads :OGturkeyhead:
I am in same boat as you.  Both guns are sweet. M2 is about 200$ more, but it is a lot lighter and offers a 24" barrel.  The sx3 will recoil softer.   I am leaning towards M2 because of shorter barrel and lighter weight.  If SX3 came with a 24 or 22 inch barrel though I would get it.  I dont like look of the cantilever barrel.

Incorrect.

You can actually put your hands on an m2 for 950.

The synthetic black m2 without comfort-tech, also known as the m2 American series is an option many do not know about.

I set up a 20 for a friend this year and was deliberating between the sx3 20 in mo and the Benelli but the 1150 price of the sx3 seemed ridiculous compared to the nelli for 200 less.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Copy that!

Congrats on the new toy! Enjoy!