turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need a good choke for Nitro#7's

Started by cannonball, May 05, 2012, 10:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

I have decided to shoot the Nitro Hevi Shot in #7's for next season. I need choke recommendations for a Mossberg Super Bantam that would work well with this load. 

hookedspur

I have no experience with a Mossberg but I shoot Nitro 7s in three other guns M2 , 870, and a T/C I shoot a IC 555 in the M2 a Pure Gold 555 in the 870 and a Sumtoy 562 in the TC with Extraordinary results .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

savduck

Eddie get you some federal 7 s and a sum toy 562-5. Deadly.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on May 07, 2012, 08:58:08 PM
Eddie get you some federal 7 s and a sum toy 562-5. Deadly.

I bought a box of the Federals. I am going to shoot them and see how they do. I admit that all the chatter of inconsistency has me nervous about them, that's why I am leaning to the Nitro's right now. Also, I found a local guy who does nice work on camo dipping. I will be taking it to him in a couple of weeks for a Mossy Oak Bottomland bath.

savduck

Eddie, I killed my bird Friday at 40 plus steps, and then guided Saturday and let the clients shoot my weatherby. Three died Saturday. All were 35 to 45 yard shots.

Those federals out of the Winchoke sum toy knocked them Stone cold dead. No flopping. The last two, the guy shot two in one shot with my gun. Their heads were riddled with pellet holes.

I'm putting up 140 averages with the sumtoy Winchoke....same as your 500.
Georgia Boy

tiggere

Pure Gold Tempest .555 for the Super Bantam and #7's...