turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington 1100 2 3/4 ideas

Started by chbarnha, April 30, 2012, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

i am pretty new to the forum here, but i was wondering if i could maybe get an idea from you 20 ga geniuses on what to do here. i am trying to set up a 2 3/4 inch remington 1100 youth model for a 6 year old and have no idea where to start as i have not messed with a 20 ga.  Any choke and load suggestions? I am planning on putting a knoxx stock and ff3 on it

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

R AJ

Rem SF ; Fed HW 2 3/4 #7 1 1/8 oz.  5 shells cost as much or more than choke.
TG SSX ; Same shell 

Tru Glo SSX ,H-13 2 3/4 #7  Good combo, good to 35 yds usually ; Fed or Win 2 3/4 lead #6 or #7.5 25 yd  is ideal range for this one.

SumToy Choke 5 ring, Fed HW #7
Sumtoy Choke 3 ring, H-13 #7

Since cost was not mentioned these are all proven performers but each gun and shooter decides what works best by patterning at a given distance. Unlike others here , I like to know what my gun does at the distances I will be shooting so 40 yard performance is not an absolute requirement with me.

rock54

my wife,son and i are using a remington 1100- 2 3/4.....with great success

we use a .550 ssx choke now and have patterned 3 differant shells...
i have used a kicks .560 with a good pattern of all  3 shells too....

remington 2 3/4 nitro mag #6, 1 1/8 oz load
federal 2 3/4, #6 , 1 1/8oz load
winchester 2 3/4, #6, 1 1/8oz load, double XX

all pattern well to 30 yds....with a turkey killn pattern

good luck to you with your set up.....russ

chbarnha

well thanks for the replies fellas, yeah i been thinking bout tryin this for a while. not gonna do it before our season goes out in va, but im just tired of toting around my 3 1/2 Browing Gold every day.that gold shoots great but is just a bear to carry. been thinking about getting the sumtoy and trying it. what kiinds of numbers were you getting out of that setup russ. numbers not really a big deal just curious i like em to shoot tite to where i either drop him like a bad habit or miss em entirely haha

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

rock54

i do not have a sumtoy choke..

the numbers of pellets i do not count,just that the pattern kills turkeys...so that is how i judge the choke and the shell combo and as mentiond above the ssx and kicks
choke with the three shell choices have all killd turkeys...

good luck to you....russ