turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

single shot shot gun?

Started by stone road turkey calls, April 28, 2012, 03:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stone road turkey calls

Do any of you guys or gals use a single shot gun, I take my granfathers old stevens 12g out a few times each year. I never got to hunt with him but i get to hunt with what he used, gives me a good feeling, and have took a few birds with it. my son won't use it so it's going to my grandson along with his great great grandads, great grandads and grandads hunting log books.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

VAHUNTER

i use a model 37 Winchester for years. you just have to be patiant and get them closer  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

paintbrush

I use a TC Encore all the time.

30_06

I take out an old 16ga handed down a couple of generations every now and then. Been toying with the idea of a lightweight single shot 20ga for the majority of the dirty work.

hoyt

I use a single shot 20ga. flintlock.

redmag

For about 5-6 years I used a 10 ga NEF ($130).  Used Nitro Company's shells and that thing murdered em.  Got to the point where it was also murdering me.  Weighed a ton.  Now I carry a Valmet which is darn near as heavy.  Growing up and still have it I used a 20 ga Winchester model 37 for small game.

Jim

kdog

U bet,,,luv my H&R Topper Deluxe with a jellyhead .660 choke.Bad medicine for turkeys  :newmascot: