Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I Wanted To Show You Guys That Haven't Tried Hevi-13 #7 This

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, February 26, 2011, 07:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Now this ain't a super dense pattern, but it is some pretty thick cardboard that I shot Tuesday of this week in 45 degree weather.  This was about 1/4" thick and was stapled to a dead limb at the top and left hanging.  This was tape measured by me at exactly 40yds.  Only 2 shot that I know of didn't penetrate the back of this cardboard.  This was shot with a .675 MAD Super Max choke with Hevi-13 3" 2oz #7's out of my 28" barrel Rem 870.  I wanted to show you the backside of the cardboard.  Now I know some will say that proves nothing.  But take a fairly sharp pencil and poke it at 1/4" thick cardboard and start off poking it very lightly and then increase the force until you get the pencil to poke through the backside.  You will get my drift.  If it will shoot through this thick of cardboard at that distance very easily on let's just say 99% of all shot, it is going to have plenty force to penetrate a turkey neck and skull.

[attachment deleted by admin]

knightrider

:z-winnersmiley: :hello99: have the doubters ever seen turkey bones or the noggin of a gobbler? they aint that thick those 7 will be plenty enough to break em up :you_rock: :fud: :newmascot:

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks guys.  Now pretend your a turkey head and neck in the middle of that pattern.  Do you have a prayer?  And remember this pattern gets a lot better in 60-70 degree weather which is pretty much typical spring weather in these parts.   :z-paddy-smiley113:

hookedspur

Quote from: knightrider on February 26, 2011, 08:29:12 PM
:z-winnersmiley: :hello99: have the doubters ever seen turkey bones or the noggin of a gobbler? they aint that thick those 7 will be plenty enough to break em up :you_rock: :fud: :newmascot:
HECK YEA thats what I been prechen ,
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

spaightlabs

HogBiologist

Certified Wildlife Biologist

knightrider

Quote from: spaightlabs on February 26, 2011, 10:09:33 PM
Wow!!!  Cardboard??  Amazing!!!!
take brand new .25 inch cardboard hang it up at 40 yards and see how many pass thrus you get with lead #5 then you will say wow cardboard. just saying

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: spaightlabs on February 26, 2011, 10:09:33 PM
Wow!!!  Cardboard??  Amazing!!!!

There's a doubting Thomas in every forum.

Maybe this will impress you more.  No cardboard, no gelatin, just the real deal.  

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1421.0.html

Now come back with a comment. 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase