OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Split my head today!

Started by longbow59, February 26, 2011, 03:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

Thats why I went to a 20 guage = no trigger flinch and no shoulder busting black and blue kick. LOL. I seen some birds missed cause of the shooter tensing up and getting ready for that shoulder gernade.

Skeeterbait

Sorry to hear of your injury. There are quite a few who will disagree but I have always felt a magnified scope on a shotgun made about as much sense as wings on a turtle.  Consider a reflex or holographic sight.

gobbler336

i have the same scope on my 835 and haven't had that problem, though i shot hevi shot in it and it don't kick like the winchester ext range. 

WyoHunter

Quote from: hookedspur on February 27, 2011, 08:00:15 AM
I hope your eye gets healed up but it happens to the best of us . I saw Jim Shokey cut his down on tv once.
Seems like Shockey does it on every other show!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

longbow59

My main reason I wanted a scope was because my eyes are getting worse. I have a 870 supermag with the fiber optic front and back. I can see them pretty good in good daylight but in low light they are very hard for me to line up. If I get a shot at the crack of dawn I'm afraid I'll miss.

Right now I'm thinking about some sort of red dot. I went to bass pro and they had a 870 with a red dot and I could see it OK. My other option i thought about was getting a vent rib and putting a big front sight on it like a hi-viz and basically just shoot down my barrel. Anyone who as experienced my problem any input would be appreciated. Also my head is healing nicely.

Coffee48

About 4 seasons ago I had the same problem of not being able to see the sights and the target at the same time. I think they call this AGE sneaking up on you! I tried several types of different sights with no results. Went ahead and put a Burris Fastfire on a Winchester SuperX2  and it has cured the problem. I Highly recommend this route and you do not have to worry about stiches!

Nimrodmar10

I haven't see it posted so what are you asking for the scope?

Austy

Call me old fashioned but I am still just shooting a 3" mag with just a bead on the front of the barrel.  I like to keep it as simple as possible.  The more you have on your gun the more you have a chance of something going wrong.  I don't think you need all that gun for a turkey but I am sure when they come out with a 4" mag they will be going off the shelves as fast at they can replace them.  Sorry to hear about the scope eye, I know that hurts!!!!

bowhunter32

yes the 3.5 can bite if yur not holdin on :lol: