turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prettiest place you've killed a turkey

Started by younggun, February 25, 2011, 11:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade19

The one in my avatar is probably my favorite.  Southern Illinois.

Klyph

Eastern Wyoming...

DIY on public land, camping, great hunt!

[attachment deleted by admin]

swamp_bird89

Right outside Durango, Colorado in the San Juans......even though I've yet to hunt an "ugly" place.  :you_rock:

TauntoHawk

a beautiful white oak ridge over looking a bay on the hudson river in Catskill NY
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

reynolds243

in an awesome pine flat in Bama...big tall 16 year old trees with hardly any undergrowth at all. still had that early morning brownish light.

although had some real pretty areas here in TN over the past 10 years.

HARDCORE

A lot of awesome sounding locals, how about pics to go with the descriptions & stories guys.

Quotea beautiful white oak ridge over looking a bay on the hudson river in Catskill NY

I would love to see this one, sounds amazing.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

HC

Skeeterbait

We have a small green field that is completely ringed with purple wisteria covering the trees.  I am sure it is an old home place but no house remains.  The day I killed a bird in that field the wisteria was in full bloom and the wheat and oats were still green.  Should have taken a picture there but didn't have camera with me.

Preacher

Its kinda like talking my wife into something,  The worst I ever had was fantastic,
but he is a pretty place or two.

Romans 8:37

barry

Hardwood ridge in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

jv

A hardwood bottom that had about 25 or so dogwoods trees in it in full bloom and i killed the gobbler under one of the dogwoods.
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

deerhunt1988

There is no way I could pick one place.....

Guess I will settle on my favorite 3 public land spots...

Black Hills of South Dakota...

Florida Swamps....

Missouri ozarks...

VAHUNTER

when you are standing on the head of a big gobbler every place is beautiful  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

OLE RASPY

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 26, 2011, 06:24:39 PM
when you are standing on the head of a big gobbler every place is beautiful  :icon_thumright:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

gotcha

In a dry branch of Fisheating creek{south florida}with the purple iris in bloom and filtered light shining through 100+ year old cypress.