OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cold snap to warm snap

Started by Trevor2, April 10, 2012, 06:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Here in east tn, we have had a cold snap the last few days. I havent got out to see if they are still gobbling but ppl say the cold snap will shut them up, so my question is will a warm front after that cold snap get em gobbling again. I never paid much attention to the weather in years past, just went and hunted no matter what.
Strutstopper

gunnerj

I've had birds here in Iowa gobbling in the teens and 20's. Clear days are better than cloudy, but we've had good gobbling in the fog this year. I guess the bottom line is gotta get out there and check your birds. :anim_25:

Thomas6689

Some of the best mornings i have ever had is when there is a frost on.  I wouldnt worry about it to much.

redleg06

I actually think the clear cool mornings are better for gobbling than a warming trend.

larry9988

i totally agree with redleg. seems clear, still mornings in th 40's are the best gobbling mornings in south georgia.

TauntoHawk

Always had the best gobbling with cool weather.. Warm weather means tough hunting up here in the north east
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>