OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

30 yard lead loads shot 2/25/2011

Started by R AJ, February 25, 2011, 06:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Here are the numbers:

Rem GSX 26"  Win Supreme 3-1 1/4-#6        122
Rem  Sum Toy   "             "            "                123
Rem GSX          Rem Nitro Mag                        118   3-1 1/4-#6s
Rem  Sum Toy  Rem    "        "  "                      111
Brng Inv+ 28"    Rem   "        '     "                   121  Sum Toy

The Sum Toy choke shoots lead or HTL loads with excellent patterns and very adequate numbers for hunting purposes in several 20 gauge guns.
The pattern in the browning inv+ choke is very evenly distributed.I did not shoot any Federal loads today but I do know that even with the FCW they shoot well in these non ported  chokes with wad strippers and grooves in the chokes. The 12 gauge choke in the Browning is in plain words a very excellent hunting choke whether lead or HTL,period.

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on February 25, 2011, 06:40:53 PM
Here are the numbers:

Rem GSX 26"  Win Supreme 3-1 1/4-#6        122
Rem  Sum Toy   "             "            "                123
Rem GSX          Rem Nitro Mag                        118   3-1 1/4-#6s
Rem  Sum Toy  Rem    "        "  "                      111
Brng Inv+ 28"    Rem   "        '     "                   121  Sum Toy

The Sum Toy choke shoots lead or HTL loads with excellent patterns and very adequate numbers for hunting purposes in several 20 gauge guns.
The pattern in the browning inv+ choke is very evenly distributed.I did not shoot any Federal loads today but I do know that even with the FCW they shoot well in these non ported  chokes with wad strippers and grooves in the chokes. The 12 gauge choke in the Browning is in plain words a very excellent hunting choke whether lead or HTL,period.
I was surprised how well the Federal® 20ga Flitecontrol® Mag-Shok® Pb loads did in my Swarm™ choke. While the choke is non ported it does have four rings of wad catchers. In conversation with Clark he told me the 20ga Flitecontrol® wad behaves far differently than the 12ga FC wad. My Swarm™ choke patterns Pb very, very well; it further patterns the original Remington® PREMIER® Hevi•Shot® 3" Mag 1175fps 1¼oz #6 (12g/cc) #PRHS20M6 very tight & centered. I've tried several boxes of boxes (10rd) EM® Hevi13® 3" 1¼oz #6  (13g/cc) however and the Swarm™ choke won't pattern them well at all. I tried these loads in my son's Winchester® 20ga pump with Carlsons® chokes, and my Remington® SPR220 (Baikal® IZH-43) 20ga SxS with Colonial Arms® chokes; and, they patterned terribly! I am not impressed with Hevi13®!

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

R AJ

The 20 gauge wad is not as stiff as those in the Federal 12. One person I know told me recently that he has seen two different wads in the 12 gauge. One is more flexible than the other.