OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Good tick repelling clothing wash or spray???

Started by WFI79, April 08, 2012, 09:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WFI79

The ticks in my area are real bad this year. In the last 3 years 2 friends and one relative have been diagnosed with Lyme tick disease.  I spend a lot of time outside and I'm getting real paranoid about ticks after finding 2 on me when I got back from checking my game cameras the other day. They were both the bigger wood ticks that supposedly don't carry Lyme disease but I still hate them. I'm wondering what you all are using for repellent and how it works for you?  Thanks.

Garrett Trentham

Sawyer insect repellent. Works like a charm, or curse if you're a tick!

http://www.sawyer.com/bugs.html

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Shoregobbler

REPEL spray. I have used it the last four seasons and have not found a tick on me.

cornfedkiller

bbcoach

Quote from: cornfedkiller on April 09, 2012, 08:15:17 AM
The sticky at the top of this forum..

+1  Make your own from the sticky at the top of this page (Permethrin spray)  You can find the 10% solution at most Farm and Garden stores.  It is used as a dog dip for fleas and ticks.  Just make sure you get the stuff that will mix with water.  Some are oil based.

WFI79

Thanks for the info folks. I'll be getting some ASAP.

remmy1187

My local wal-mart is carrying a permethrin, might want to check it out, I think I am going to try it.

gunnerj

Quote from: Half fast on April 09, 2012, 08:13:05 AM
SAWYER #1  :agreed:
I got Sawyers from Cabelas in Owatonna, MN. Everybody had ticks last weekend during our youth weekend, but I did not! I'm sold! :z-winnersmiley:

Dbrnmllr

Any spray containing permethrin will keep them little SOB's off of ya.  Makes them have a really bad day.  Just saturate you clothes a day or two before season and let dry. Should be good for a week or two.