OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobble Shaker Calls question

Started by bnew17, April 03, 2012, 02:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnew17

Im considering getting a gobble shaker call. Over the years it seems like i come across a bird where i throw everything but the kitchen sink at,,,with no avail.. Ive always wondered what if i had a gobble call to throw at him. Ive seen the ones Primos, Quaker Boy, and Knight and Hale have and just wanted to know which one yal liked the best and what the best time to use it is. Thanks

bnew17

nevermind. just saw where there is another thread on this topic. tried to delete it but apparantly you cant do that.

TauntoHawk

no worries.. the new reed style gobble calls take some practice but will sound better than any shaker call after some work.

they are not a crow call, you wont pick them up and rip a gobble on the first try but if you can run a duck call or learn quickly they are not that tough to get down. As always be mindful of safety when using gobbler calls in a hunting situation.

good luck and be safe
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WyoHunter

There's a reed style Hale fire gobble call in the Call Classifieds.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

bnew17

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 03, 2012, 04:26:01 PM
There's a reed style Hale fire gobble call in the Call Classifieds.

check your inbox wyo