OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anti fogging product that really seems to work.

Started by SC_WILDMAN, April 01, 2012, 11:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC_WILDMAN

Name of the product is "DEFOG IT" by Clarity. Each box comes with 3 individual DRY lens clothes. Simply wipe each lens lightly with the cloth for 10-15 seconds. Each cloth can be used up to 8 times. Only drawback i've found is that if you clean your glasses using a wet or damp cleaning cloth, you will have to re-apply the treatment. I clean my glasses  and then apply the treatment and stick the anti fog cloth in my pocket and use it if i need to wipe my glasses for any reason while hunting. I first tested them by putting my headnet on and breathing very hard to try and make them fog and it worked as advertised, no fog. I then tried my own torture test. I turned my oven on to 350 degrees and then opened the oven door with my glasses on, this ALWAYs results in fogging my untreated glasses. No fogging at all with the treated glasses. Best news of all is that they are available at the local Wal-mart Optical department for $4.00.  

jakebird

There is a paste out there called "cat crap". No kidding, actual name. Stuff works great too. Kinda looks like toothpaste, wipe it on, buff to a shine. We use it at work on our safety glasses, and it seemed to work. Tried  a dab on my hunting optics and worked great.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

boatpaddle

Quote from: SC_WILDMAN on April 01, 2012, 11:09:39 PM
Name of the product is "DEFOG IT" by Clarity. Each box comes with 3 individual DRY lens clothes. Simply wipe each lens lightly with the cloth for 10-15 seconds. Each cloth can be used up to 8 times. Only drawback i've found is that if you clean your glasses using a wet or damp cleaning cloth, you will have to re-apply the treatment. I clean my glasses  and then apply the treatment and stick the anti fog cloth in my pocket and use it if i need to wipe my glasses for any reason while hunting. I first tested them by putting my headnet on and breathing very hard to try and make them fog and it worked as advertised, no fog. I then tried my own torture test. I turned my oven on to 350 degrees and then opened the oven door with my glasses on, this ALWAYs results in fogging my untreated glasses. No fogging at all with the treated glasses. Best news of all is that they are available at the local Wal-mart Optical department for $4.00.  

Good product...Works well for me....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: jakebird on April 02, 2012, 05:07:52 AM
There is a paste out there called "cat crap". No kidding, actual name. Stuff works great too. Kinda looks like toothpaste, wipe it on, buff to a shine. We use it at work on our safety glasses, and it seemed to work. Tried  a dab on my hunting optics and worked great.

Stuff works better than just about any other product I have ever used!   :icon_thumright:  Only thing so far that come close was the anti fog spray made by JT for motocross goggles and painball masks.   
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WildTigerTrout

Thanks for the info Wildman. I bought a package at Wal-Mart this morning. I look forward to trying it. Thanks again.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!