OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

$40 to spend

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 01, 2012, 06:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

With the mentor kid shooting the biggest bird, I won the hunters pool and have $40 to spend.  I would like to get a call as something to remember the hunt by.  I was thinking box call first pot call second.  What should I get?

WildTigerTrout

I think $40 would cover a Cody "Envy" wood pot call.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

gwa

I would opt for an easy to play short box...

glennz

You can get a field grade shortbox from SS for about $50

West Augusta

Talk to WillowRidge. I think he might just fix you up for $40
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Turkey Trot

I defer to the others on makers on this forum that make box calls in that price range.  I don't exactly know who they are. 

Aren't Jerry Zebros pretty reasonable and made in WI?

Some of the other better calls at modest prices I can think of are Yellow Yelper of AR (not all on the website, it's outdated).

Jimmy Nugent, Country Boy Calls, Dry Prong, LA.

Lonnie Sneed, Princeton, WV.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

tomanyturkeycalls

You could buy Lonnie Sneeds hot hen slate {awesome slate call} for 25 dollars and still have money for a 12 pack......pop of course!  :TooFunny:      Jerry Zebro does make a awesome box for around that price...Foggy Holler Custom Calls    good luck

dreis3

A Jerry Zebro glued box
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

scoot12

I agree a Jerry Zebro bloodwood over walnut and I forgot WillowRidgeCalls makes a Gibson box near that price thats great.  Scoot

captin_hook

In that price range check out Cody envy or Cody II, both are great sounding at a affordable price.

wisconsinteacher

Well that $40 did not last long.  I got a long box from Gobblez.  It is padauk over butternut.  I hope to call one in with it in 2 weeks.