OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

April Fools .... Devotional 4/1/2012 He who ignores is the fool indeed!

Started by pappy, April 01, 2012, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Most everyone has played that infamous April Fools Joke on one of our unsuspecting friends, shoes untied, something on thier face, a flat tire, or whatever it would be that cause them to look for, ending up bewilderd at our laughter, in the fact that they were fooled.....but on this day...I would like to share another type of April's Fool.
What is a fool? I would say one who lacks good judgement and good old honest prudence, one who would ignore God and His exsistence, some would call them imbeciles or nitwits, I see them as a challange.
In Phillipians 1...the writer prays this prayer, "9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."
Should this not be all of our prayers? Praying for the fool that ignores God, that makes the poorest of poor judgement calls? Who follows his own righteousness, instead of searching the righteousness of Christ? Oh, how truly foolish they are, we think..but were we not at one time in their shoes? Were we always searching for Christ, were we always seeking the pathway of righteousness, I dare to say not, for once we too, were fools, I truly believe if it were not for the countless prayers of dear grandmother, who searched the portals of heaven with her requests, I would have ended up the poor fool...............and the eveidence of her faith, is my salvation...of what a fool I was....
And yet, to this day I am still the fool..............but a fool of another kind...Give your life in the service of your country you are called a hero but,  give your life for the cause of Jesus Christ, and the world calls you a fool. If loving Jesus with all of my heart makes me a fool, then I am a fool.  If desiring to serve Jesus with everything that I am, then I am a fool.  If trusting Jesus for everything makes me a fool, then I am a fool.  I am not ashamed of being a fool for Christ, I am proud of being a fool for Christ. So today I stand before you a fool, on this April's Fool Day, my prayer is this that all those who have walked in the shoes of the earhly fool, will one day open thier hearts to Christ and walk in the shoes of the serving, trusting, and proud fool, as myself, unashamed and a true believer of God.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks for your Well Spoken words !   :mycross:

Ricky   :cross2:
Vaturkey

BOFF

Thank you Jack!!

For your faithfulness and steadfast service to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net