OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

We missed em. Will they be callable in the morning?

Started by timberjack86, March 31, 2012, 05:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

I called up 2 strutters this morning,but my dad got a case of turkey fever and missed. Do you think these birds will be workable tommorro?

guesswho

Did they see ya'll after the shot?  Usually if they don't see any movement they calm down pretty quick.   If you jumped up after the shot it might take a little longer.  But either way I'd just change locations and try them again in the morning.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

timberjack86

I dont think they seen us. I guess I visit the area at flydown time in the morning. I have a few back up birds that didnt cooperate this morning if these two are cold.

Turkeyslayer 101

Aslong as they didn't see you after the shot, my nephew shot at one wend morning and missed the turkey flew about a couple hundred yards and was back gobbling 10 min later but wouldn't come back to that location I killed him yesterday morning..
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

Lenny870

I'd be right back after em in the morning, good luck :gobble:

MiamiE

They're smart, but they're not THAT smart. Haha. Anyways you can't kill anything from the couch. Head out there and let us know how you do!

bowhunter32

believe as long as they didnt see you..you r fine...they have a brain the size of a pea..live on instinct alone...buggers still hard to kill tho ..lol! :toothy9:

timberjack86

I went to the same area this morning. I heard a gobble on the opposite side of the road from where we missed the birds yesterday. I set up awaiting flydown. I soon heard the sounds of hens awaking around the gobbler. So I decided I better put my 2 cents in. I soon got into a aggresive conversation with a hen and the birds flew down. The hen come in about 40 yards and was moving to my right. Behind was a strutter with at least a 10 in beard. I decide when he went behind a big whiteoak tree I would kill him as he stepped out. He went behind the tree I raised my gun and waited until his white nogging appeared then I fired. I got up and rant to the bird who was still flopping. The first thing I saw was jake flopping in the leaves! There must have been a jake behind the tree and he stuck his head out at the same time.I have killed bigger birds but Oh well turkey dinner is whats for dinner tonight! I had a great weekend hunting with my dad so I am very happy

Lon0121

Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

Hookhunter

Only difference between fried gobbler and fried jake is there is a little less jake. Lol. Congrats

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop