OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SSX pattern vs. Tightwad pattern!!!!

Started by Trevor2, March 30, 2012, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

I have the ssx .643 with my 870 and mag blends, here the results.

I also got a tightwad the other day on trade and shot it today to see how it did ,here it is.

My best with the ssx is 213 and the tightwad got 218. Now im new but I thought there would be more of a distance between the two than just 5 pellets. Based on the constriction alone. What yall think?
Strutstopper

2much2loud

I am not expert but from what I have seen I would say for patterning performance it's 85% ammo and 15% choke I think having good ammo (lot numbers) out weighs having the right choke

msgobblergetter

I think you might be a little over choked with the SSX and that load.  Try some straight 7's with that choke.  Tight wad looks pretty dang good for the magblends in your gun.  What length barrel?

Trevor2

Quote from: msgobblergetter on March 30, 2012, 09:40:11 PM
I think you might be a little over choked with the SSX and that load.  Try some straight 7's with that choke.  Tight wad looks pretty dang good for the magblends in your gun.  What length barrel?
21".  Barrel but actually even though the tightwad put five more pellets there is less wholes in the ssx pattern.
Strutstopper

cannonball

msgobblergetter

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 30, 2012, 10:03:37 PM
Quote from: msgobblergetter on March 30, 2012, 09:40:11 PM
21".  Barrel but actually even though the tightwad put five more pellets there is less wholes in the ssx pattern.

I see that now.... With that barrel length, you are probably good on the SSX.  Go get um.

wvnut3

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mossy835

The problem with your patterns is it leaves no room for excuses if you miss, nice very nice!!!!

Trevor2

Quote from: mossy835 on April 05, 2012, 12:16:29 PM
The problem with your patterns is it leaves no room for excuses if you miss, nice very nice!!!!
Ya that is a problem but then if I miss, I know its my fault entirely. No blaming anything. Now my gf who just started hunting I left her pattern way more spread than this. Hell she just started shooting when she got wtih me. She didnt grow up doing it so I want her to have the best open but lethal pattern I can.
Strutstopper

countryboy478

Very nice pattern with the SSX. I think I will try that with mine.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

either one should get the job done with no problem
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lowoctane

:morning:
I'd say whatever you decide on, make sure your POI is right on and go hunt!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life