OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking a slate call from a custom maker on this site

Started by gobblercop, March 29, 2012, 02:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblercop

Hey Guys and Gals,

Brand new to this site, and I have been researching slate calls online.  The majority of what I would consider "seasoned" turkey hunters in other forums say that to get a good "custom" slate call, you need to buy from a call maker on this website.  I'm looking for opinions from you guys as to who makes the best sounding slate call for your money.  I am looking a reasonably priced slate call, which sounds good, and is easy to operate for a novice turkey hunter such as myself.  PLEASE, don't recommend yourself, as self-promotion will do me no good.  Tell me, in your honest opinion, whose call I should try.  Thanks in advance.

gobblercop

Oh, and I forgot to add, I am hunting turkeys in the Eastern part of North Carolina.

redarrow

Very tough question to answer because most of the call makers here are top notch. I have a few and I would be hard pressed to name a favorite. I would suggest sending out a few PMs to the makers. Call them on the phone and have them run  a call or two for you.

Turkey Trot

If you go to the Calls And Calling forum you'll find a lot of info and probably get mre direct responses to your question.

Also, peruse the classified forum.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

dirt road ninja

It would be hard to find a bad one. I've bought calls from several builders here and they are all good.

TauntoHawk

you won't find a better group of guys than the call makers over in the OG classifieds.. everyone I deal with is as great an experience as the last

your best off deciding how much you want to spend and going from there.

you can spend 25-55 on slate in the classifieds and all of them will get birds killed and rival any box store sold call..
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kamski1151

you can't go wrong with any makers on this site. Flip a coin it's that close. Welcome to the addiction. :welcomeOG:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp