News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OPINIONS ON THREADING!!!!!

Started by wolverines, March 29, 2012, 11:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverines

Gents,
I've been on the 20 ga. band wagon for sometime now.  I'm using an 870 11-87 CD and Beretta 390.  I have gotten spoiled to the manuverability of the shorter barreled guns in my arsenal.  I'm not into seeing how far I can Knock one down, I like to see how close I can get them.  I love the 390, and recently ran across a factory barrel at a bargain.  This barrel is a 22" fixed cylinder bore with rifle sights.  I have invisioned this gun with a somewhat shorter barrel and wham here it is. 
I'm getting it threaded just want to heare some opinions of yours.  I'm debating on threading it for the Beretta choke system, or Threading it for Rem chokes, becuase of the availability and selection.  What would you do.
Happy Hunting
Jed Eckert

Eric Gregg

Welcome to the forum.
As you can see by our Team's banner, we believe in the potentcy of the little 20 as well. I lean on it as it is very light, and, with the right choke and load is a bad mammy jammy on gobblers noggins.
There are a lot of chokes available in Rem Choke, and you can buy a REM SF rated for HEVI SHOT for dirt cheap.

Happy hunting and enjoy them 20's you have.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: wolverines on March 29, 2012, 11:48:44 AM
Gents,
I've been on the 20 ga. band wagon for sometime now.  I'm using an 870 11-87 CD and Beretta 390.  I have gotten spoiled to the manuverability of the shorter barreled guns in my arsenal.  I'm not into seeing how far I can Knock one down, I like to see how close I can get them.  I love the 390, and recently ran across a factory barrel at a bargain.  This barrel is a 22" fixed cylinder bore with rifle sights.  I have invisioned this gun with a somewhat shorter barrel and wham here it is. 
I'm getting it threaded just want to heare some opinions of yours.  I'm debating on threading it for the Beretta choke system, or Threading it for Rem chokes, becuase of the availability and selection.  What would you do.
Happy Hunting
Jed Eckert

Hey Jed,

Welcome to OG. We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing more from you.

It may depend upon the thickness of your barrel as to which thread type can be installed but given a choice, I'd choose the Rem-Choke threads. There are many different chokes available for that thread type, from many different makers. My second choice would be the Win-Choke/Invector/Accu-Choke thread type, pretty much for the same reasons.

Both would offer high availability of chokes and allow some robust designs to be used.

Whatever you choose, congratulations on finding what you were looking for and all my best with it and with the spring turkey season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

wolverines

I appreciate the responses.  I figured there would be more opinions on which choke system is the creme de la creme of the 20 ga. world. 

BrowningGuy88

surehuntsalot

I would have to second the Remington chokes
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dbrnmllr