OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I love my job, but coworkers hate this time of year.

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 29, 2012, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I have a great job working with special needs kids.  I was able to get one of the EBD (emotional/behavior disabled)students signed up for the mentor hunt I help organize.  I paired him up with a teacher he will have next year and last night they went scouting.  Well this morning, the kid comes in and tells me about a strutter and 5 hens they watched.  He said that he is going to leave them be for a few days and then shoot him Saturday on the learn to hunt.  For his break today, we are going to practice his turkey call.  (the other teachers hate me for this)  I love it and it gets me excited to see a kid behave and smile talking about hunting.  I hope he gets a monster.

ghillie

dirt road ninja

The world would be a better place if there were more folks like you. I know I couldn't do your job.

tomstopper

Congrats to you and as long as its putting a smile on his face, then I say who cares if your co workers like it or not.

Gobble!

wisconsinteacher

I don't care about the coworkers not liking him play on a pot call.  He needs to practice and learn.

jakebird

Best of luck to you and the boy, and God bless you for all you do for those special kids.   :)
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

REBELYELL

Thanks for your time and care. I have a son with Autism and it means alot to me when someone spends a little extra time with him.

:thanks:

turbohawk

i have 2 kids in class with IEPS, i can really appreciate what you're doing. sometimes a kid that has behavior problems just needs something like this to turn them around. keep up the good work :happy0064:

duckaholic25