OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Two guns, two chokes

Started by yankeedeerslayer, March 29, 2012, 08:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeedeerslayer

Ok I have two guns and two chokes and would like some recommendations. They are a youth Rem 870 20 with the 21" barrel and 3" chamber. The other gun is a 20 Charles Daly pump with 24" barrel. Chokes are a Truglo Gobble Stopper and a Remington Super Full. I know both of these have a fair reputation but here is my dilemma. I don't have endless funds to test shells. Actually I'm quite broke at the moment! haha. I do have the following shells for these guns. Winchester Double X #5,3 and Hevi 13 #6 3 in, and last is Kent #6 3 in. Only got one box of the Hevi so testing both chokes in both guns will near run me out of shells! Can test the lead for cheap so no prob there.

Now for the question...which to put in which gun. The youth gun will be for the kids and the CD will be my all weather gun and a loaner.  I'm looking for even pattern for the kids up to 30 yards, maybe 35. For the Daly I'm trying for range since I will be the shooter on that one. If I had to guess I would say use the truglo in either unless both are in use. What do you guys think? Thanks for any input.

Ed
US Army Vet

knightrider

i would put the truglo in the daily with the hevi :OGturkeyhead:

surehuntsalot

Quote from: knightrider on March 30, 2012, 06:24:20 PM
i would put the truglo in the daily with the hevi :OGturkeyhead:

this what I would do also
it's not the harvest,it's the chase