OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple LA Gobblers

Started by BBD, March 28, 2012, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBD

Saturday morning I got on this bird right after he flew down. 3 calls and 5 minutes later he was flopping at 9 steps.  18lbs 8.5" beard 3/4" spurs  Not much of a story really but it sure felt good to pull the trigger on one. I love 2 yr old turkeys  ;D   Monday morning I went back to LA with my dad to a different area where he had located a few birds.  We set up with 100 yards of a gobblin' bird on the roost. He flew down and got within 75 yards before turning the other way.  We circled around and as we were we heard another bird WAY off. He was fired up so we struck out after him. Well the original bird couldn't stand the thought of that so "he" started coming. We got set up with me about 25 yards behind him and 3 nice long beards came struttin in 30 yards infront of him putting on a show. He didn't waste anytime and smoked the lead bird.  Nice 3 yr old with pretty sharp 1" spurs and a thick 10 3/4" beard  

BBD

JVA54

renegade19

RutnNStrutn

Hognutz

Congrats to you guys!!   :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rio Fan

Congrats to you and your dad!

Basin_hunter

In fall we rut, in spring we strut

timbrhuntr

Congrats to you and your dad  :icon_thumright:

handcannon

Love me some Louisiana birds. Glad you and your dad pulled it off. Nothing like it!

cannonball

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase