OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 Bantam Youth 20 ga.

Started by RonnieL, March 28, 2012, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonnieL

I recently purchased a used mosserg 500 bantam youth 20 ga. It came with a full & mod. choke can you guys help with what size shot to use for turkeys as well as general small game. Also can you suggest if available a better turkey choke.

rtsj

Quote from: RonnieL on March 28, 2012, 08:05:03 PM
I recently purchased a used mosserg 500 bantam youth 20 ga. It came with a full & mod. choke can you guys help with what size shot to use for turkeys as well as general small game. Also can you suggest if available a better turkey choke.
Check the pattern section. Posted lots of pics of patterns of various chokes and loads shot out of the Mossy Super Bantam.

Roy

sawtooth

I would try the factory extra full choke and federal heavy weight #7 in 3" for adults and 2 3/4" for kids.  My son has this set up and works awesome out to 35 or 40 yds. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: RonnieL on March 28, 2012, 08:05:03 PM

If it's allowed in your area, I'd recommend the 3" Hevi-13 shells with 1.25 oz. of #7 shot.

The new 20 Gauge SSX Turkey Choke for those guns is also now available and that's the one that I'd recommend.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."