turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg Grand Slam 20ga

Started by wn, March 28, 2012, 07:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wn

I have the above gun on the way.  Is the supplied choke ok to use with hevi shot?  Those who have this gun what are your choke reccomendations?  Thanks for your input it may save me a few dollars.

FL Longbeard

I have the same gun and mine shoots about 10 inches high at 20 yards.  The pattern with the factory choke using Federal HW 7's is adequate at 20 yards but inadequate at 40 yards.  I plan to get a taller front sight for the gun to fix the POA/POI problem and will try some different chokes to hopefully tighten the pattern.  Any suggestions are welcome.

sawtooth

I would call mossberg as they know they have a issue with Their new sights.   

allaboutshooting

Quote from: wn on March 28, 2012, 07:49:03 PM
I have the above gun on the way.  Is the supplied choke ok to use with hevi shot?  Those who have this gun what are your choke reccomendations?  Thanks for your input it may save me a few dollars.

Finally, the 20 Gauge SSX chokes for that gun are in and I expect to see the same kinds of numbers with them that we've been seeing with the Rem-Choke version with the Federal Heavyweight #7s. Most shooters are consistently getting 150 to 160 in 10" at 40 yards.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."