OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 ga 1187, Hevi 7s, 35 yards = son's first turkey

Started by wmd, March 28, 2012, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmd

My son killed his first turkey this morning.  It was an exciting hunt.  The 7's are rough on birds, he shot and the turkey hit the ground.  The near-side wing was broken in impressive fashion.  Thanks to everybody on here for the advice, discussion, and info on the little 20s.  I believe I will be carrying it on my solo hunts.

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

st8tman

Congratulations to both of you! Better than $$$$ in your pocket!!!

rtsj

Awesome!!! :icon_thumright: How old is the little guy? My son killed his first last year at 5!! Hopefully his second will come in about 4 weeks.  Congrats to the both of you. You won't every forget that hunt.

Roy

Flyrodder

Congratulations! I'm taking my Grandson this Saturday with a 20 ga. 1187. :turkey2:
Flyrodder

BBD

Congrats to both of y'all I know you must be proud

yankeedeerslayer

Very lucky kid! That is to have got a nice bird and also for the mentoring.
US Army Vet

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Carp

Congratulations! That's something neither of you will ever forget.

wmd

Quote from: rtsj on March 28, 2012, 07:59:23 PM
Awesome!!! :icon_thumright: How old is the little guy? My son killed his first last year at 5!! Hopefully his second will come in about 4 weeks.  Congrats to the both of you. You won't every forget that hunt.

Roy

Thanks.  He is 10.  He has been going with me since he was 5.  He only got to do the youth hunt last year and this was his 5th hunt this year.  Hope your son gets another one this year.

WyoHunter

Congrats to the young turkey hunter and to you for taking him! Nice bird and nice pic!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mrlongbeard

Congrats guys.
You have gotta love that smile on the little guys face. As I always say, "Another one hooked for life "

yelpy

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase