turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lot of Ticks

Started by kamski1151, March 28, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamski1151

Watch it guys going to be a bad year for Ticks, only the end of March and I'm already pulling them off me in Northern Mi. Just a heads up!! :o

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

redarrow

Sure they aint flies. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Aint no self respecting tick gonna bite your ugly arse. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

timbrhuntr

When isn't it a bad year for ticks in Michigan? I never used to spray my clothes for ticks until I started turkey hunting there!

Spring_Woods

Figures...I hate them things!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Trevor2

Already got a few off me in East Tn as well
Strutstopper

furtracker

I've found one on me every day I've been hunting this season since 3/15.  I don't recall ever finding
any the last several seasons.  They are indeed bad this year.

bbcoach

Break out the Permethrin and the Thermocell's

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: redarrow on March 28, 2012, 05:07:52 PM
Sure they aint flies. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Aint no self respecting tick gonna bite your ugly arse. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Jay

My son was out scouting in Iowa a couple of days, and he was loaded with ticks, which this early is a bad sign. Because of the mild winter this is going to be the worst year ever for ticks in many states. Make sure you are well protected.

bird

Yep... the neighbor was pulling ticks off his dog the other day and that from being in the back yard.

Its gonna be a very bad year for not on ticks but all insects.

bird

Woodsman4God

Hey Kamski you get any snow the last day or two? I hear a freeze kills them, hoping they get killed off in a april freeze before I come up. Dale had one on his leg on the way home from when we did the carpet. Denise had one on her sock whiel up there but thought it was a spider. Guess we just missed them coming out in full force.

kamski1151

Quote from: Woodsman4God on March 29, 2012, 08:39:47 AM
Hey Kamski you get any snow the last day or two? I hear a freeze kills them, hoping they get killed off in a april freeze before I come up. Dale had one on his leg on the way home from when we did the carpet. Denise had one on her sock whiel up there but thought it was a spider. Guess we just missed them coming out in full force.
No snow but we did get a hard freeze or two. hopefully that will do em in. I had one(tick) on my neck already had his head in my skin. Hate them buggers!!!

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

ghillie

Hate them too!!  They are out in force around my area...

turbohawk

i don't think it ever got cold enough to kill any in Tennessee this past year and it's gonna be bad

hoyt

I was picking them off me a month ago here in Southern Illinois, till I broke out the home brew DurationTM Permethrin. None since...or chiggers.