turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What kind of socks do you wear?

Started by ncquackersmacker, March 28, 2012, 02:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncquackersmacker

I am looking for some advise on a good sock for this season.  I typically wear rubber boots and am looking for a sock to keep my feet dry and as cool as possible. 

Shellwaster

I have found that WigWam brand socks to be extremely comfortable and moisture wicking. Especially their socks made for hiking. I also recommend a good liner sock to ensure your feet stay dry.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

jyoung

LOL! Most of the time its just which ever ones are clean!! I tuck my pants into my boots so it's not really that big of a deal for me.  But X's 2 on the UA socks being a great pair socks! They are comfortable and you do not have to worry about them bunching up around your feet while walking the woods!

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

Mr.MQ1

Try some cheap dress socks.  The thinest ones you can find.
"The wild turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness"

bbcoach

Check out the Coolmax socks from Sportsmans Guide, http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/2-pk-western-coolmax-boot-socks-black-grey.aspx?a=544323  The socks are actually white with gray soles.  I wear them with my snake boots and they stay up all day and help wick away moisture.  They are very comfortable.

deerhunt1988

All I wear is UnderArmor boot socks now days.

cannonball

I usually wear the Redhead boot sock from Bass Pro. I ordered three pairs of Under Armour Heatgear boot socks that will be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how they do.

HARDCORE

Socks, boots, it's much quieter going barefoot.  ;D

HC

RutnNStrutn

If its warm, I wear my white ankle socks that I wear with my tennis shoes. If its cool I wear my Bass Pro Redhead lifetime hunting socks, which are of course thicker. Somehow I don't think that's the info that you were looking for. ;D

blackmagic

Those Redhead lifetime socks are awesome.  I don't think they're very hot either.  They stay up all day under snake boots and are very comfortable.

Wingbone

Under Armour active heatgear socks. Best warm season socks ever.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

turkey_slayer

Can't wear socks. My toe nails get caught in the threads.

jblackburn

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 28, 2012, 11:01:12 PM

Look at the spurs on that one! Wait . . .  :o

Where is a vomiting smiley when you need one . . .
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

bbcoach

Quote from: jblackburn on March 28, 2012, 11:42:16 PM
Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 28, 2012, 11:01:12 PM

Look at the spurs on that one! Wait . . .  :o

Where is a vomiting smiley when you need one . . .

I've seen Turkey Toes that look better than these.  Oh those are Turkey Toes sorry!