turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

whose spring season opens first?

Started by davesonic444, March 28, 2012, 10:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davesonic444

Just curious who gets first crack. Mine in Ohio starts April 23 this year.
Dave

TennLongspur

Well, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia are already hard at it. Tennessee kicks off this weekend.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

pseshooter300

I think south Florida does don't know the date
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

gotcha

Mid-Febuary on tribal land in S.Florida,first Saturday in March in S.Florida.

davesonic444

hoyt

Hawaii has a real early season also...March 1st last yr. I think.

TauntoHawk

With PA and NY not starting til May or at best last weekend in April I really need to add a state that kick off in March or early April..

I just dont know what state would give me a good chance on public land since I dont have any access to private down south. I might have to look into Tennessee, I heard they have a booming population of turkey
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

davesonic444

Shhhhh! Don't mention Hawaii in front of my wife.
We've never been there and if I say something about hunting there the stuff will hit the fan. :newmascot:

blackmagic

Florida Zone A (South)  March 3-April 8.  I can't imagine anywhere else earlier.

HunterMan

No turkeys left in Florida....They all moved to Alabama

ctwny1

davesonic444

blackmagic

Quote from: HunterMan on March 28, 2012, 03:30:51 PM
No turkeys left in Florida....They all moved to Alabama

What's really funny is when people from Alabama think they're birds are harder to hunt than our swamp birds.....

davesonic444

blackmagic

Quote from: davesonic444 on March 28, 2012, 05:05:49 PM
You saying there are easy birds ? :turkey2:

Sure, everybody else's  :TooFunny:  Everybody's public land is the hardest, everybody's mosquitos are the nastiest, etc...