OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good 'bino's...cheap

Started by Gamblinman, March 27, 2012, 08:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

nalley1952

I'd like to try a pair of them out

Garrett Trentham

You can never go wrong with a pair of STEINERS
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Gobble!

Might order these. Has anyone used these in the past?

Gobble!

I am getting ready to purchase a small pair for turkey season.

Turkey Beard

Just read an article in Bowhunt America that suggested that you should have binocs that match your eye right for brightness, etc.  Formula that they gave said to take the opening and divide it by the magnification and it should be around 5.5.  Example they gave was 16 X 32 binocs was only 2 while 8 X 45 was about 5.5.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Devastator

Quote from: Turkey Beard on March 27, 2012, 06:21:53 PM
Just read an article in Bowhunt America that suggested that you should have binocs that match your eye right for brightness, etc.  Formula that they gave said to take the opening and divide it by the magnification and it should be around 5.5.  Example they gave was 16 X 32 binocs was only 2 while 8 X 45 was about 5.5.
[/quote what????

Devastator

TauntoHawk

what he's saying is you take the lense diameter and divide it by the magnification to find the light transmition number. as a general rule of thumb binos with a light transmition of 5  or greater will "enhance" low light situation viewing over your natrual vision.

example: a pair of 8x42 binos will allow more light (roughly twice as much) than a pair of 8x22

42/8 = 6.25

22/8 = 2.75

still a great compact pair of binos for the money, just not prime for low light conditions is what he was saying
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turkey Beard

Much better worded, TauntoHawk... thanks.  I was tired when I read the article and too lazy to go look it up when I posted.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Devastator