OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fun in Florida- 6 public land Osceolas in 6 days

Started by deerhunt1988, March 25, 2012, 10:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

is roost shooting really that prevalent down there? I know it happens but I've don't know anyone or have heard of anyone doing it all ever in.

I hear of a lot of guys who shoot more than their limit each year but they aren't shooting them off the limbs
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

deerhunt1988

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 27, 2012, 08:16:49 AM
is roost shooting really that prevalent down there? I know it happens but I've don't know anyone or have heard of anyone doing it all ever in.

I hear of a lot of guys who shoot more than their limit each year but they aren't shooting them off the limbs

It is on this WMA, that is for sure. Maybe someone else can chime in about the rest of Florida. Just the way a lot of the folks grew up hunting, I guess.

RutnNStrutn

Glad your hunt went better this time. Not all locals are bad hunters and roost shooters. Congrats to all of your group!! :icon_thumright:

hoyt

Congratulations on the great hunt. I lived in Central Fl. for about 25yrs or so off and on and know what you are talking about in reference to roost shooting..especially in one SW Central WMA.

So called "Locals"  (I say so called because actual locals or native are rare in Fl.) can cause trouble on public land there...as hard as this is to believe I had 7 flat tires in about 3 days from roofing nails. I was hunting the Northern  Section of Fl. after the Central deer season went out. Even had a Fl. tag...but wrong County.

I can tell you one thing...if the guy that did it bragged to his hunting buddies about it later on he probably got a mouthful.  Cause I made a trip to Ace Hardware the last day I was there. Sorry for the collateral damage.