turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fun in Florida- 6 public land Osceolas in 6 days

Started by deerhunt1988, March 25, 2012, 10:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebird

Wow! What a great story and a fantastic hunt! To succeed like that in arguably one of the toughest places to hunt, that's the stuff of legends, my friend. Congrats on a heckuva accomplishment!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Hognutz

WoW!!  That is crazy good..You guys are bad to the bone.. Congrats..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Saylfish

IAFF 1377

mnturkey

Great read, glad you got to do this with your dad and brother.
Congratulations
SEMPER FI

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

NYGobblergetter

Way to go guys...I have been thinking about a trip for an osceola and have been on the fence between using an outfitter or doing a public land hunt. I think this story helped make my decision.

fldoghunter

With such a high opinion of the locals, its no wander you had rough encounters with them. Congratulations on a great hunt, and thanks for spending lots of $ in our great state.

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

deerhunt1988

Thanks for all the responses guys.

We are all still on cloud nine.

My brother is getting a hanging dead mount of his long-spurred bird.

We will never come close to  having another hunt this great.

Quote from: fldoghunter on March 26, 2012, 04:02:43 PM
With such a high opinion of the locals, its no wander you had rough encounters with them. Congratulations on a great hunt, and thanks for spending lots of $ in our great state.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice locals. One provided me with some nice information before this most recent hunt.  But the majority we have encountered are very unfriendly and lack any bit of respect for other hunters. We have had numerous negative encounters in our three trips to this place. SOme of the friendly locals told us straight forward on our first trip that a lot of the guys think they own the place and are ruthless when it comes to their turkey hunting. But that just adds to the excitement for us, haha. We have some of the same type of people on the public land I hunt around here.

And yeah, with the price of gas, we spent a lot more than we wanted too. haha.  

I am already missing those hardwood hammocks and cypress domes....

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

K9Doc

That's getting it done!!!  Congratulations.  You just think you are proud.  Your father is Proud at another level u cant even imagine.  Awesome memories!
Thanks for sharing.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

strutter

Congrats on your birds. Sorry to hear about the bad vibes from the locals. I grew up in S Fla and hunted WMA's all over the south and central part of the state for 20 yrs and am just as annoyed by these types of hunters as you are. I've had guys try sneaking up behind me to try and get a shot at one that I was obviously working and not even say sorry just it's public land. Another time had 2 guys walk into a big stand of cypress that alot of birds were roosted in a start blowing a crow call 30 minutes before daylight and send every turkey flying for miles. My only advice is get as far from any road as you can and hunt during the week.

DirtNap647