OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single shot shooters

Started by headbuster, March 25, 2012, 10:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headbuster

I found a good deal on a H&R 20ga at a pawn shop yesterday. It has a fixed full barrel. I will probably go get it this week. What can I expect to see for the pattern out of the full barrel with the Fed HW 7's? I will probably get the barrel threaded next year so i can possibly hunt a few times with it or let some kids use it.
Any insight would be appreciated even if you shoot a NEF.

dawei

My wife uses a 20Ga NEF® Ladies/Youth gun with a 22" MOD fixed choke. The ammunition is Remington® HEVI•SHOT® 20ga 3" Mag 1300fps 1 1/8oz #6 (12g/cc); target was shot at 30yds off hand..........

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

SumToy

Get it threaded for chokes.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gotcha

Thats what I'm shooting now but I sent the barrell to Colonial Arms in Alabama,they threaded it in remchoke.I shoot a PG .570 with #7 Federals.Love it!

headbuster

I haven't gotten the gun yet but my plan right now is shoot the full barrel and Fed HW 7 this year. Next year have SumToy tread the barrel and shoot one of his chokes and eventually have a FFII installed. Should be a dream to carry. I can see myself checking to make sure it's still over myshoulder it's so light. Thanks for all the responses.

surehuntsalot

looking for one myself,going to set it up for the grandson
but I might have to "borrow it" sometimes
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

yelpy

I have my eye on one also. I may have to pick it up come Mon. morning now that I know I can get the barrel threaded.