OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight and Hale

Started by MouthCaller, March 25, 2012, 09:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

Bought a Terminator mouth call just for the heck of it at bass pro Saturday and WOW! I do not have a high opinion of store bought mouth calls HS Strut IMO are terrible, the Flextone/bone collector series are terrible IMO as well but the K&H I bought sounds amazing and feels like it will hold up throughout the season.

budtripp

hmm...might have to check them out, been using woodhaven last couple years now hooks. I agree with most big name calls being garbage

Ky strutt n bust n

one of my first mouth calls i fell in love with was a knight n hale. think the number was like 113 or 114 i cant remember its been several years ago. i like the woodhavens and i really love my zink mouth call.

Improvinghunter101

I would have to agree with that.  I have been using slates and box calls my entire life.  Last year I picked up a Primos.  I am a big fan of Primos stuff.  I like a few of their slates, some of their clothing, and their movies are the pretty good.  However I have not been able to really get much out of their mouth calls.  This year I picked another one up thinking it was just me.  Well after going through that again I decided to get a Knight and Hale.  It was amazing how much of a difference it made.  Will be sticking with them for a while!

lightsoutcalls

HOOKS - Period, end of sentence.  :icon_thumright:  If you haven't tried them, you owe it to yourself to do so.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

K9Doc

Knight and Hale Smoke'n Fire.  Sound great and u get 2 for the price of one.  I cant see spending 6 to 8 or even 12 plus bucks for a single flemsy mouth call.  Hooks, Woodhaven and the bunch are too pricey. Primos now selling a 12 plus dollar call!!!
Knight and Hale has been quality and priced right for a long time.
Just bought 6 from Wing Supply.  They have some good sales going on now.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: K9Doc on March 27, 2012, 10:22:25 AM
Knight and Hale Smoke'n Fire.  Sound great and u get 2 for the price of one.  I cant see spending 6 to 8 or even 12 plus bucks for a single flemsy mouth call.  Hooks, Woodhaven and the bunch are too pricey. Primos now selling a 12 plus dollar call!!!
Knight and Hale has been quality and priced right for a long time.
Just bought 6 from Wing Supply.  They have some good sales going on now.

Last I checked, you could get 2 Hooks calls for the price of one Woodhaven. 
Hey, if you find something that works for you, have at them.  I just like to support folks I know when I can do it.  When you see what materials cost for a mouth call... $12 a call is definitely outrageous.  All of the fancy packaging and magazine ads don't buy dead turkeys, huh? ;)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

jakebird

Ive tried all the bigger names and the only one i like are the hs strut, though i am anxious to try the hooks line. Heard many good comments about them. I'll prob pick up a few in the offseason.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Gobble!

Quote from: jakebird on March 27, 2012, 12:40:37 PM
Ive tried all the bigger names and the only one i like are the hs strut, though i am anxious to try the hooks line. Heard many good comments about them. I'll prob pick up a few in the offseason.

out of all the bigger names hs strut are the ones i hate  :lol:

Cutt

Hooks are very good calls for the money, the same price call to call as Knight and Hale, as Hooks Excutioner is one of my favorites.

Back on subject with the Knight and Hale, I picked up a 3 pack at Wally World to try. Although this pack did not have the Terminator. It contained The Peacemaker, Prosecutor and Preacher. The Preacher sounds pretty good, and the Prosecutor is probably one of the best mouthcalls I tried for Kee-Keeing? Did you only try the Terminator? Was just curious if you tried them against any of the 3 I mentioned? Thanks

Hookhunter

Hi guys
New guy here, but a true to life diehard turkey hunting fanatic. Safe to say I'm obsessed. I too have tried many of the big name mouth calls with out any great result. On a whim this year I picked up a couple of knight and hale calls they were both nice but I fell in love with the prosecutor.
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

budtripp

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 27, 2012, 10:13:12 AM
HOOKS - Period, end of sentence.  :icon_thumright:  If you haven't tried them, you owe it to yourself to do so.

x2 ordered the executioner and the enforcer this year and loving them

wvhunter74

Devastator

Quote from: budtripp on March 27, 2012, 06:43:26 PM
Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 27, 2012, 10:13:12 AM

x2 ordered the executioner and the enforcer this year and loving them
x3,was a devastator man and still am but the new eradicator and enforcer are both going into my arsenal.

BigHooks

I've tried about all of them, but when it comes to mouth calls it's HOOKS all the way. There's not a better person that Scott an the guy's in my opinion. I love the executioner an enforcer there price is no more than the others. If they were I wouldn't let a few cents stop me from getting them, to each his own......