turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli m2 and fed heavy weight best choke

Started by sawtooth, March 25, 2012, 07:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

What choke does best with this load in #7 shot?

sugarray

I'd get a .555 or .550 constriction in the choke of your choice.  TruGlo SSX in .550 is proven in the Remingtons, and the Pure Gold .555 as well.

savduck

Before you go buy a choke. Try the factory full. We shot my buddies with that set up, and it is DEADLY. It will give you a solid 40 plus some fudge built in.

He smashed two gobblers today and they looked like a wrecking ball hit them.
Georgia Boy

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

sawtooth

Thanks guys for the info.  I'm using a Carlson tube now and it's not bad but not super tight and a little patchy.  However hevi13s #6 shoot very tight but if I could get the federals as tight I would be happy.  I will try the regular full this week. 

darron

Here's my 870 20ga with an SSX and Fed 7's. At a lasered 40 yards to where I was sitting so the actual distance from the end of barrel is just under 40.

sawtooth

Thats impressive.  Who makes the SSX choke tube?

sawtooth

now thats interesting and the info i'm looking for.  Thanks and i'll be watching for its release. 

jasperjet

hope they decide to make it in crio configuration I'd buy one now

jscrapmetal

SumToy 565-2 Fed Heavy #7 180 in a 10in cirle at 40yds. Call William at SumToy chokes. That out of a M2.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: sawtooth on March 25, 2012, 07:38:00 PM
What choke does best with this load in #7 shot?

A number of my readers are seeing excellent results with that shell with the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke.

I'd also take a hard look at the Pure Gold "Tempest" in .555. I've had a hard time keeping those in stock. It's been the best seller from word of mouth for the Benelli M2 shooters.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."