turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening day double with my mom.

Started by handcannon, March 24, 2012, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handcannon

This morning was our opener here in Louisiana. My mother and I went but in two separate vehicles and we both brought our golf carts. I took off after some birds that ended up giving me the slip. Birds were gobbling everywhere. I took off after some other birds gobbling to my right and ended up at a clear cut. I had I had two gobbling in front, two gobbling in the middle of the clearcut and some gobbling to the right. I tried calling to them but they were henned up I guess. After about thirty minutes some started gobbling behind me. I was in hog heaven. About ten minutes, three birds came down the lane heading to the clearcut. I wanted to shoot the bird in the rear but they spotted me and I took what I could get. Popped him at 15 steps.

I left and went to find my mother to see how she was doing. She said she found some jakes to kill some time with but did not find a long beard. I told her I just left a bunch of gobbling birds so it did not take much convincing. We got near the clearcut and there was a group of birds hammering. We snuck into the clearcut and set up on the edge. Every call I made they double gobbled at. I guess there was a creek between us cause they just would not come in to our set up. I figured I'd give them the silent treatment to either get them to come out and play or move down the creek so we could change our set up closer. Well, I guess they curiosity got the best of them cause a couple of them broke off and came our way. They looped around us which made my mother have to twist way around to her left. The two toms put on a good show for us and she put the hurt on him at 10 yards. The other bird came back and stomped on her bird for a little bit then took off. It was her first long beard and I couldn't be happier. Looks like we both ended up with some fun two year olds.

ceejay

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

JVA54

redarrow

Hunting with your Mom has to be the coolest thing ever. Congrats to you both.

whiskey

slee

Ol'Mossy

sugarray

That sure is AWESOME!!  Congratulations.

DirtNap647

boomer

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

OLE RASPY

Quote from: redarrow on March 24, 2012, 04:12:32 PM
Hunting with your Mom has to be the coolest thing ever. Congrats to you both.
x2 thats gotta be neat to hunt with your mom.Memories forever.Wish my mom hunted.Thats cool.congrats

ctwny1

Wow...what a great sorry and CONGRATS to you both!