turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scouting tips? NEED RESPONSE ASAP!!

Started by drakekilla12, March 24, 2012, 03:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakekilla12

I want to try to go hear some gobblers give away their precious locations to get an idea of where they'll be roosting opening morning. Should I bring an owl hooter? Use my diaphram to gobble at them? I would love to them fly up but I don't by any means want to bump them. Season opens ere in west ky tw second weekend in April if anyone's wondering.

Any help would be great guys
Thanks!

bigthunderchicken

just go out and listen maybe use an owl hoot but DO NOT CALL TO THEM with a turkey call. listen in the morning and the evening at fly up. but really all this does is give you and idea where to start. main thing is to look for tracks and that is where you need to hunt.
Chase

Kylongspur88

Not legal to call before the season in KY and it's just better to not call pre season anyways. Owl, crow, coyote, whatever will make them gobble. Had two on the ridge last weekend gobbling everytime the guys having target practice shot.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 24, 2012, 05:21:15 PM
Not legal to call before the season in KY and it's just better to not call pre season anyways. Owl, crow, coyote, whatever will make them gobble. Had two on the ridge last weekend gobbling everytime the guys having target practice shot.

And yet another point that completely debunks the "why you shouldn't call to gobblers in the pre season" myth.  If they were so smart, they wouldn't answer/shock gobble to a gun shot now would they??  My gf has a a little pomeranian dog that yaps every time he hears a loud noise.  He's a dummy too.   ::)
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

jakebird

locating roosts is impt, but better to know where they go nxt.....
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?