turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

two birds down with the encore 20

Started by jtharpe, March 22, 2012, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtharpe

The encore is shooitn fed 7s through a sumtoy choke. The feds hit hard :z-dizzy:

the first bird is my wifes bird.
10 inch beard 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 spurs 20 pounds. Shot at 15 yards

my bird
11 inch beard 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 spurs 18 pounds. shot at 40 yards

buck_hunter21

Those are some hook daddy's!!!! Congrats to you guys.
Spill Blood

BOFF

WOOEEEE!!

Nice birds!!

Looks like the Encore did it's job!!!

God Bless,
David B.

rtsj

SWEET!  Good thing the Mrs's bird is bigger or you might be in trouble. Awesome job to both of you.

Roy

MOStrutter

Is it just me or do the ladies always seem to get the bigger birds?  Good job.

Eric Gregg

Congrats on the birds.
Man those are some massive hooks..... :drool:

mr meat

WOW!! nice hooks and congrats on the double

st8tman

Congratulations to both of You...Job well Done!
Maybe you can give me some insight; as I am trying to help a friend set up his young son's 20gauge encore. Curious if you were shooting the standard 26" TC Barrel or had opted for the 26" "Turkey Barrel" which is camo and comes with sights.
Also what constriction of Williams' Choke are you using with the Fed HW 7"s?
What type of numbers did you generate? I realize this is alot of questions, but he is an old friend who just received a transfer back home after being away for several years...so I am trying to help him out. Thanks for your Time.

PS: Where is best place to grab one of these barrels, as he hasn't even bought it yet.

omegafoo

Jeremy will have to chime in on the constriction but, if I remember correctly when we patterened, he was around 150 with a polished barrel.

It is the 26" turkey barrel in camo with the sights.

www.eabco.com is probably a starting point for looking for a barrel for the encore. From there you could also check gun broker or any T/C dealer.

jtharpe

it is the 26 inch turkey barrel. Im shooting a sumtoy custom choke it is a 562. He is a member on here and a great guy to deal with.

My gun is pretty finicky and really likes a clean barrel, It will turn around 150 with the feds and sumtoy. I will also do 180 to 200 with an indian creek 555 and strait 7s

I think big shop supply had pretty prices last time I looked at them, they are pretty pricey.

how old is the kid cause my thumbhole stock has a pretty long LOP.

hookedspur

WOOWEEE thats a pair of STUDS !!! Congrats.     :drool:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

DUPREE

st8tman

Thanks for the info I will surely pass it along. I think his intention is to buy the blued 26" barrel that comes with three chokes, as he needs it for other hunting. However he intends to put williams firesights and a quality aftermarket turkey choke. The boy is 12 and quite big for his age. I also think he intends to shoot 3" exclusively. Once again thanks for your help.

Dallen92

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA