turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobblers guns

Started by swamppirate, March 21, 2012, 09:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamppirate

Talked with Rob today at gobblers guns....very knowledgable....sending him my little 20 to get the forcing cone cut and polished and a final strut choke put in....he says with the Federal heavy 7 shot a 40 yard shot would not be a problem. :turkey2:
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

mossyoakpro

I hope you do not need it any time soon....he has had mine for 3 weeks doing the same exact work.

I am sure it will be worth the wait but I am ready to have my gun back!!!
Phillippians 4:13

swamppirate

Are you letting him pattern your gun and the whole 9 yards?  If you don't mind me asking how much is he charging?   He said with today's technology and modern loads 50 yards would not be a stretch....
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

st8tman

I have just received my gun back from Rob this past week. There is a pretty indepth thread over in the gun section if you care to read.

swamppirate

What's the name of the thread?
Robert E. Lee

st8tman

Got my Gun Back From Rob Roberts/Gobbler Guns Today

Last response was March 20 I think it is on page two right now. If I can help answer any questions shoot me a PM.

mossyoakpro

Quote from: swamppirate on March 22, 2012, 12:00:09 PM
Are you letting him pattern your gun and the whole 9 yards?  If you don't mind me asking how much is he charging?   He said with today's technology and modern loads 50 yards would not be a stretch....

No pattern testing since I have about 5 different chokes I am gonna try in the gun when I get it back....he is doing or has done my forcing cone, trigger and choke tube.

The pattern testing was an extra $100 so I declined to do that since I have a range here at my house.  The rest will be $250 plus shipping.

mossyoakpro

UPDATE:

I just spoke with Rob @ Gobbler Guns....the hold up on my gun is the choke tube, according to him he has gotten twice as many 20 gauge guns in than he usually does and he ran out of choke tubes.  He has to get more 570 20 ga tubes and he should have my gun finished on monday or tuesday of next week.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Glad I finally spoke with him and he cleared up the delay in my new killer......More folks are jumping on the 20 train it appears!!

st8tman

I tell you your delay had me scratching my head...as my gun was their and back WITHIN a week......Felt like it was something like this!

Carp

He's had mine for awhile also, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

mightyjoeyoung

Lots of folks buying 20 gauges and getting them tuned up, since they've gotten to see what they're capable of from places like this site and all the folks doing a ton of testing on them.  No wonder he's backed up.  If I hade the ching, he'd get mine to tune.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Carp

Just got off the phone with them. They confirmed that they had to make more 20 gauge chokes. Selling like hotcakes, I reckon.

yelpy

Now I know why I can't seem to get him on the phone.. Busy working on the 20's.

mossyoakpro

My time frame has passed now...I will call tomorrow and request my gun back without a choke tube....I would not think his tube is worth waiting all season for.  I have several waiting to be tested anyway.

Kinda frustrating when 2 weeks turn into 5!!  :angry9:

Carp

I have to wait. My single shot Savage 220 is getting tapped to take one of his chokes. I'll just hunt with the 12 gauge or my daughter's 20 gauge until it gets back.