OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Set up my own new "Little Monster"

Started by mightyjoeyoung, March 21, 2012, 07:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

I set up the nephew's 870 20 gauge I had purchased for him almost 15 years ago last year for turkey but he never got a chance to use it.  I took a bird with it last spring but since he needed it for small game  we put it back together for field use.  I wanted my own, so when I found a new youth model on the rack at my old store and got a great deal on it I just had to have it!  The youth models are amazingly difficult to find around here, so when I found one, I jumped on it.  I already posted up the pattern I got with fed hw 7s (176 in the 10" @ 40 yards). Here's the mostly finished product. Still need to get her dipped and get the trigger worked but other than that, she's a killer. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

rtsj

Don. That looks SWEET!  You will be carrying that more that your 835 ill bet. :lol:

Roy

swamppirate

Very nice...waiting to get mine back from the dipmaster... ::)
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

gophert

Sweet Shooter!!!!   Once you carry those youth 20's in the woods, it's hard to go back to the heavier 12....especially if you shoot TSS. 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase