turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

sequence?

Started by Lenny870, March 20, 2012, 11:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenny870

Do you use a rehearsed call sequence in most cases or do you use what ever comes to mind at the time. I always go by feel but I know some that only use what they rehearse

guesswho

I don't think about it, I just react so each time is different.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dirt road ninja

I kinda just put my tongue on the call and see what comes out. I will call softer if he's close, but nothing rehearsed. If ya think long your thinking wrong.

Lenny870

Gooserbat

I play it buy ear.  My go to call is a yelp, but some times I tone it down to simple clucks and purrs and sometimes I crank it up.  I usualy don't cut alot unless I'm trying to chalenge a boss hen.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TauntoHawk

I dont "rehearse" calls.. I practice all calls and try and do them in as realistic sequences as I can but I dont have a routine in the woods
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

redleg06

Never have a routine.  I just kind of change with the situation and if I find something he seems to be liking...i do more of that.

WildTigerTrout

I play it by ear also. I let the bird decide what he likes. Rehearse? It's not a calling contest. I just try to imagine in my mind what a REAL hen would do and then let it out! :lol:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

marshlander

I've been watch videos of hens yelping a cutting on you tube helped me with my calling  happy hunting

TauntoHawk

Quote from: marshlander on March 28, 2012, 12:49:44 PM
I've been watch videos of hens yelping a cutting on you tube helped me with my calling  happy hunting

the more I listen to live hen audio the more I realize I've been calling wrong
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gunnerj

I'm with everybody else. I practice all the calls, but when it's time, I just try to sound enough like a turk to get them in when huntin'. :anim_25: