OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Heavyweights at Dunns

Started by ssramage, March 14, 2012, 05:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssramage

Are the Federal Heavyweights on sale at Dunns any different than normal? The reason I ask is because the Feds I shot last year had a yellow hull and these appear to have a red hull. Thanks.

BigEz

I just got some from Dunn's, I wondered the same thing because the pic shows red but when I got them they were yellow.

ssramage

Quote from: BigEz on March 14, 2012, 05:55:27 PM
I just got some from Dunn's, I wondered the same thing because the pic shows red but when I got them they were yellow.

That works for me. I shot the yellow last year and I know they work! Thanks!

savduck

I havent owned any heavyweights until this year. I bought some 20 ga from Dunns, then some from Midway. The lot number from Dunns doesnt shoot like the lot number from Midway.

Dont know about the color. Both of mine were yellow, but then most 20 ga hulls are.
Georgia Boy

ssramage

Quote from: savduck on March 14, 2012, 06:07:05 PM
I havent owned any heavyweights until this year. I bought some 20 ga from Dunns, then some from Midway. The lot number from Dunns doesnt shoot like the lot number from Midway.

Dont know about the color. Both of mine were yellow, but then most 20 ga hulls are.

I'm hoping the ones I ordered from Dunn's shoot as well as what I had last year. The picture on their site was red hulls which is why I was wondering.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: BigEz on March 14, 2012, 05:55:27 PM

The shells were yellow because they are 20 gauge.  That's how you tell the diference bw them and other gauges.  The picture shows the 12 gauge hulls...

FWIW, there were apparently some issues with the lots that Dunn's where the pellets were not sized correctly and were actually larger than what was stamped on the box/shells but that might have been just for the 12 gauge loads.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

savduck

I cut one of my shells open from Dunns just to check it out. They looked like 7s to me and the count matched what others said it would be.

There was a problem with some of the 12 ga loads. Federal said they were wrong and exchanged them for the fella.
Georgia Boy

ssramage

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 15, 2012, 12:03:46 AM
They are on sale right now at MidwayUSA, and cheaper than Dunn's. Only $14.79/box.

Midway showed they were sold out the day I ordered

savduck

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 15, 2012, 09:30:27 AM
Quote from: ssramage on March 15, 2012, 08:51:55 AM
Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 15, 2012, 12:03:46 AM
They are on sale right now at MidwayUSA, and cheaper than Dunn's. Only $14.79/box.

Midway showed they were sold out the day I ordered

Oh OK, gotcha I just hadn't looked since I bought a bunch last week.

We must have got the rest. I called last week and they had 24 boxes. I got 8 of those.
Georgia Boy

Philippe

I just was down there yesterday picking up some, same ole yellow shells, no need to panic.