Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Struck Gold....Pure Gold (new pic added)

Started by C J Stahly, March 13, 2012, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C J Stahly

My 870 has been giving me fits trying to pattern it. A little over a week ago I picked up a pure gold choke for it.  I went out today and shot a little bit and lets just say I am more than pleased with the result. I also have a pure gold in my tristar and lets just say these chokes with mag blends and 6s are a SERIOUS combination.

I can not say for sure I was at 40 yards, so I will say it was 37ish.   I did not clean or anything between shots.  Here is the results with 3" shells

870: MagBlends - Averaged 223
870: Hevi - 13 6s - Averaged 210

Tristar: Mag Blends - Averaged 224 (2nd Shot was 252!!!!)
Tristar: Hevi-13 6s - Averaged 205

I will try and post the patterns.  The first time I shot the tristar, which was several weeks ago it was 55ish degrees and I got 182.

My goal was a 180/10/40.......I think I can make it even if I was at as close as 35 yards today.  

Turkeykiller12

Good numbers there! Congrats on finding the right choke/shell combo!

JVA54

You see a lot of good reviews on pure gold choke's, they say they throw a very even pattern. Don't  see guy's have them for sell much.   Glad yours shoot good!

davisd9

Glad it came together for you my friend.  Was happy to get the call to hear the good news.  Them birds better watch out now for sure!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

C J Stahly

Here are a few pics from yesterday

JVA54

C J is that pure gold choke a 670?

C J Stahly

dirt road ninja

That's spot on. Your birds may be missing parts of their head up close.

C J Stahly

Here is what I got.  4th shot after dialing in.  I like to aim at the head/just below so when I raise up about 2" from the gray tape....he is DONE! 

Im guessing the only thing he is going to do is drop!

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Nick_The_Tinkerer

trkehunr93