turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Well I broke down

Started by savduck, March 12, 2012, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

and got that 20 ga Weatherby SA 08 ive been threatening to get for the last 9 months. I havent gotten a chance to shoot it yet, but I broke it down to check it out. Basically it is a beretta 390, with a charles daly forearm, and mossberg chokes. Everything fits together nicely

I ended up getting black 28 inch barrell. The action is an exact replica of a Beretta 390, the only difference is that on my beretta the action lock button is on the bottom, and the Weatherby is on the side. The stock has a skinny grip area and skinny forearm, ported on the top sides.....just like a charles daly. Of course the chokes are mossberg. The gun is front heavy, weighted forward. Chrome lined barrell.

The trigger feels AWESOME, and the spring to close the action is GREAT. The chamber snaps shut with authority. My beretta 390 is my favorite gun, so this little 20 ought to be a winner. Im gonna order some chokes and try to shoot it in before season next week.

The only thing I dont like is the recoil pad. Its the HARDEST rubber recoil pad Ive ever seen on a shotgun.

Anyway out the door for 499.99. I think its a LOT of gun for the money.
Georgia Boy

vaturkey

Good luck with it Savduck !  Hope you get some killer patters  !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

thundrchikin

Congrats on the new gun!! Good luck with it!!

goblr77

Glad you got it savduck. Let us know how it works out. I love my Berettas so that would be a gun I would consider bringing home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

Fellas, I can say that this IS a 390. They must have bought the design rights. I pulled out my 12 ga 390 B square mount and it matched right up perfect other than the thickness due to it being a 20 ga.

I cleaned it, and the entire gas system is the exact same as the beretta. My beretta 390 has 10k rounds through it, and has never had an issue. i dont have experience with mossbergs chokes, but if the guts are all beretta this baby should be a winner.
Georgia Boy

goblr77

Quote from: savduck on March 12, 2012, 11:04:20 PM
Fellas, I can say that this IS a 390. They must have bought the design rights. I pulled out my 12 ga 390 B square mount and it matched right up perfect other than the thickness due to it being a 20 ga.

I cleaned it, and the entire gas system is the exact same as the beretta. My beretta 390 has 10k rounds through it, and has never had an issue. i dont have experience with mossbergs chokes, but if the guts are all beretta this baby should be a winner.

You're right about that. The 390 gas system is one of my favorites. Concerning the chokes, I played around with a Mossberg 500 last year and it wasn't very finicky about chokes. The .570 PG and .555 IC both shot well with Hevi 7's. I traded it on an 870 before I got around to playing with the Feds much. The numbers with the Hevis in both guns weren't much different with most chokes I tried.

savduck

Thanks for that info. Im heading over to Sumtoy Saturday to get one made up for it.

Im super excited about this gun. Cant wait to shoot it.
Georgia Boy

swamppirate

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee